Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Digital Detox

 Leia left for a school trip today. She has started Lycee and this is supposed to be a “bonding” with your year group. They haven’t gone far but they are in the countryside. On Monday I attended a meeting and was pleasantly surprise to hear phones are banned. This is a digital detox for 14-15 year olds and I truly hope they can enforce it. What’s more I saw their schedule and it was great! I’d pay for a holiday like that! It includes workshops on nutrition, sleep, exercise, self confidence, a day of hiking in the mountains to a waterfall, stretching and relaxation twice a day, morning warm ups before breakfast, calm time and they’ve even managed to fit in a mass. Seriously?! Apart from the dorms and shared bathrooms, that is my kind of holiday! I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes and what she learnt. And how it felt without the constant distraction of music, photos and videos. I wonder how other kids will survive being cut off from their social media and their online life that seems more important than reality. I wonder how some parents will survive without the constant messaging too. Will there be withdrawal symptoms? Cold turkey in the mountains? Yes, it is going to be an interesting return…

No comments: