Saturday 16 March 2024

Tough Day

 Yesterday was sooooo hard.

I ran a slow and challenging 13km. I really didn’t enjoy it and whilst I tried to stay in the moment the internal dialogue did not stop! I had to keep reminding myself that marathon training IS a challenge. Yes, I have run several marathons so I know I CAN do it but my body changes with each year that passes. My 2024 body (nearly 49 years old body) is struggling, just back from holidays and indulging and my running routine hasn’t kicked in yet. So it was hard. After the run I still had a good 2km walk home and literally changed my shoes and top and did another walk (up to the rock) to meet Amaia for lunch. Then I walked home. By then I’d clocked up about 23km of running and walking and I was soooooo exhausted. Luckily my weekly chat to Nancy kept me sitting and still for a good 90 minutes! 

The rest of the day I just wanted to take it easy, my body was in shock, it was sore and did I mention how tired I was. I’m looking forward to getting into some routine but ouch, it hurts in the meantime.

No comments: