Sunday 4 February 2024

Back

 Yes, it has been a while. Seriously long. I know. But I promised myself I would start writing again in 2024. January flew by with me feeling under the weather for most of it but now it’s February and I am raring to go (kinda!).

But before we kick off 2024 let’s just sum up 2023.

May was my last post so here are the highlights of the remaining months:

JUNE: Amaia made her confirmation. My parents made it over and stayed with us in the new apartment. It was lovely especially as we were sure my parents would be able to make it. It was their first journey and only journey of the year but they made it and that is all that matters. On the day of the confirmation we celebrated and made up for all the other missed reunions! 

JULY: We headed to Valencia for the months. It was hot. It was hectic. But spending time with my nephews is the highlight of the holiday for me. We’d go to the pitch most mornings then buy snacks in Mercadona and scoff them before we’d even left the supermarket. Hanging out, talking rubbish, messing around with all the kids together. Pure gold.

AUGUST: The highlight was definitely Corsica. We stayed with friends and had an amazing time zipping from one idyllic beach to another on our boat. I certainly didn’t realise how beautiful the island is. Stunning and tasteful. 

SEPTEMBER: Back to school after nearly 12 weeks of school! Yes, we were all in shock for a while but school is good and the girls are doing great. 

OCTOBER: A quick visit to Valencia to see my parents, do some shopping and eat very well!

NOVEMBER: A cultural trip to Paris which despite the rather grey weather and one very wet Saturday was a huge success. We visited the Louvre, the Louis Vuitton foundation, climbed the Eiffel Tower, ate at the wonderful Procope Cafe, sampled macarons from just about every patisserie and generally enjoyed every minute. 

DECEMBER: We enjoyed a mild Christmas in Bristol and a cold New Year in Valencia. Came home exhausted and with a stinky cold that I just couldn’t shake off and so began 2024. 

 


No comments: