Wednesday 14 February 2024

2024 Musings so far…

Something has changed, maybe I’m just getting older and slowing down, maybe it is just a phase. I feel mellower (is that a word?), I also feel older physically  (kind of OK with that if it come with some kind of wisdom!) and time seems to be flying by. Really fast. March is around the corner and I am on my second post only?!

2023 was a tough year. I definitely feel like I have moved on to a different phase in my life where as I head for 50 there is no denying I am a fully fledged adult. My girls are big now, Amaia is 14 and Leia is nearly a teenager. My role as a mother is changing, my role as a daughter has changed. Life has different demands and yet strangely it also feels a lot calmer. Not because I am doing less, I feel as busy as ever, but because I try to focus on the things I can do, can improve on and (mostly) abandon the things (and people) that just don’t work for me. And that is OK. I have so much to be grateful for and there is so much I cannot change. And that is OK too. 

This year is shaping up nicely. I have signed up for the Midnight Sun Marathon on 22 June in Norway, running through the night in daylight. Amaia will do a 5km run then too. We are going to the beautiful Poquerolles again for simple family time and visiting Lake Como. Staying in a little (non luxurious) hotel right on the lake that husband and I stayed in back in 2007 and loved. We are going to St Anton soon and Valencia and making a flying trip to London for some culture! Leia makes her confirmation in June which will result in another visit from my parents. Yeah! So life is busy enough with lots of things to look forward to plus some new experiences too. Life is good. I’m not looking for drama or complications. Just happy being….


No comments: