Saturday 6 May 2023

Happy birthday, happy Easter and happy holidays!!

This was all suppose to be posted before my amazing girls' weekend but that would have required organisation and technical skills of which I appear to be lacking!! So I bring you the month of April....

It all started with birthday celebrations. Low key by my standards but celebrations nonetheless. I had lunch with friends at Giacomo's, a relatively new restaurant on the newly done up Larvotto beach. I always order the same - Aperol Spritz (in a big fish bowl of a glass w tonnes of ice), creamy, indulgent truffle pasta that is always enough despite looking like a measly portion and to finish a generous serving of Tiramisu. It never disappoints!  (Not my idea to put a candle in my tiramisu).

 


Of course, that was just a birthday warm up meal because the next day (Good Friday) Husband and I swanned off to The Grill for an amazing lunch. I love The Grill. The food is good. The service impeccable and the people watching is always amusing. Plus they do an amazing souffle!! It always feels a little bit special to be in the Hotel de Paris. We finished the meal with a visit to the American Bar where we momentarily played at being very grown up and sophisticated while we sipped Champagne. The façade didn't last as we gobbled up all the bar snacks and asked for more - not very sophisticated at all! 

Next up was the Easter weekend which was an utter delight. The best surprise I've ever had - despite me being the one to book it all!

On Saturday morning we drove to Hyeres and from there to a 15 minute ferry to the Poquerolles islands. Initially I had booked it just to get away for the Easter weekend. The girls are tired of always doing Tourrettes-Valencia-Bristol holidays. So The Poquerolles it was. A no frills island with stunning scenery. I was anticipating a lot of down time and board games with wet weather but instead there was sunshine, breathtaking views and endless exploring by foot and bicycle of a beautiful, preserved and well cared for island. We only stayed two nights but it felt like a good, long, restful adventure. We will definitely be back!!

Idyllic Poquerolles






No comments: