Tuesday 7 March 2023

So, it is March

You know me. It takes me a long time to get around to doing something. It takes me about six months to go from idea to execution and probably two weeks to give up on it. This year was going to be different. Right? Right....

Well, to a certain extent it has. I am now the proud owner of a 63 day PEAK (brain training app) streak and my score has increased by 13 points in that time. Woo hoo! But my diary writing and praying has been a bit more haphazard as for my piano practise. No comment. 

But now I am approaching with a new strategy. My aim now is just to get those three things done daily. A line in my diary - literally a comment. One run through of my piano piece. That will take all of 3 minutes. And a few minutes of quiet time for prayer and contemplation. My thinking is, if I can get into a small habit I can build on it over time rather than just trying to create a big habit.  So,  it is March and I am still trying to get my New Year's Resolution into place... Let's check back in by May. 

No comments: