Friday 17 March 2023

In the park - finally!

Sometimes I don't even understand myself. I am constantly trying to "improve" myself.  Be healthier, be kinder, be fitter, be more understanding, be less judgemental, make time for myself, relax more, be tidier, be efficient, be positve, be more patient, be calmer, control my temper, eat less, read more, write, pray, become a saint... the list is bloody endless!!! 

Today is a beautiful sunny day and I decided to go for a run "just to get out of the house" because I know I will otherwise lose the next 10 hours cleaning, tidying and procrastinating. And so I ran. I ran to the Parc of Cap Martin. A beautiful park full of olive trees and art. I nornally run a loop around the park and run back to MC. I never even venture inside the park! Not today. Today I stopped. I took a leisurely walk through the park, admired it century old olive trees  and finally stopped for a coffee. In the shade of a tree. And breathed. And wrote. I have been running around this park since I started my first marathon training in 2014. This is the first time I have been inside it. 

I'm not going to be sad about it. I'm going to be happy that I realised this today and I am going to make an effort to run as usual but also to stop. To take in moments like this. Of quiet and calm and nature. To stop beating myself up with all the things I could do better on and learn to accept myself and maybe even one day even tell myself how utterly brilliant I am!

No comments: