Friday 3 February 2023

2023

 Happy 2023 Folks! 

I was lying in bed unable to sleep thinking about writing something and I thought… why don’t I just get up and do it? So here I am! Yes, it has been a while… but something tells me 2023 is going to be different. I am. It hasn’t been about big changes but tiny little, barely noticeable steps here and there. I’m hoping tiny leads to little that eventually will just lead to a good habit! We are in February now and the changes are still there so a little pat on the back to me.

Before we go into 2023 me let’s just tie up 2022. 

So, big news is we moved. I love our new place. Huge rooms, high ceilings, a kitchen you can eat in!! (This is rarer than a roof top pool in Monaco!) We have two bathrooms (you can read Amaia’s post on that!) and a guest room, small but big enough for a double bed. I am delighted. Location isn’t far from our old place. The girls have less than a 10 minute walk to school and we have three balconies that I am looking forward to using in warmer weather. So on that front all is fantastic. Yay!

Secondly, I trained and ran the Valencia marathon for the third time in December in 4h34 minutes. I’m happy with that time considering I started in the +5 hours pen. That is a lot of overtaking! 

Thirdly, COVID is still lingering but I would say life has returned to as close to pre COVID as we have gotten. Eternally grateful we all survived that without too much drama or impact on our health. My sister and her family finally left Shanghai, spent the Summer with us in Valencia and has now moved to a civilised Singapore. 

As alarm clock time approaches I need to finish up here. Have a wonderful day, remember to smile!

Mwah! 

No comments: