Thursday 9 June 2022

April - Belated birthday write up

 Well, it has been a while since I wrote and I have no idea why it has taken so long. I guess with COVID restrictions easing up I have been busier than usual… 

So, April. My birthday month! I’d say finally at 47 I finally accepted a one day birthday celebration, OK, make that two days, maybe with a weekend dinner thrown in too! On the day itself we had the usual pastry breakfast, I did my Wednesday hike and stuck to the usual Wednesday routine but after LAMDA we went to the Hermitage for their delicious afternoon tea. I was able to enjoy a sugar feast in the middle of Lent. Yay! The following day I had lunch at The Grill with a couple of friends. I went for a blow dry beforhand and wore my super sophisticated white trousers. I even wore heels!! The Grill didn't disappoint. It was as wonderful as always. My only complaint is their soufflés have shrunk as we managed to polish all three off without a problem! The weekend saw a birthday come to an end with dinner at Clovis. 

Finally, at 47 I'm happy with low key birthdays!!

No comments: