Tuesday 5 April 2022

More March

 March ended badly. We had to isolate as Leia had Covid. She was absolutely fine. We only did a home test because we had a spare one lying around. We were not expecting a positive result. The next day we all went to the testing centre and only Leia was positive. It was strange. It was frustrating. It was bloody annoying! And so we all had to stay at home. Yes, husband and I were free to leave the flat because we were vaccinated but our girls weren’t. So we had 48 hours in the apartment and that was just about enough. In the end we headed to the house and almost immediately our moods lifted. The house was a real tonic. Nature and space and clean air. We tested negative yesterday so both girls are finally back at school and freedom comes conveniently before my birthday tomorrow! 

On the other hand March introduced us to the restful weekend. We did so little. Some days we stayed in pyjamas other days we had siestas. We have never done so little or planned so little. Yet after 48 hours of laziness we all felt remarkably rested and recharged. It did make me think what is resting? And what is lazy? Maybe we have them confused?

I got to see some flats too! One beautiful apartment! Wooden floors, bay windows, original features, tonnes of space. Two or three bedrooms. Perfect, you say. Perfect, I thought. ONE TOILET! Just one. Not one in the bathroom and a guest loo. Just one. It felt like a compromise too much. There were two apartments in the same building. One had a garden. One had a huge kitchen! It could easily seat six people. Do you know what a luxury that is? So while I dreamed of living in this stunning apartment it also made me realise that if something comes along we are still 5-7 months from moving so I need to hold my horses. I need to see what is available nearer the time… Patience was never my strong point.

And finally the birthday celebrations… what are the plans? Well, I may be doing drinks tonight on line with two school friends - our three birthdays fall in the space of four days! Tomorrow after a pastry breakfast we will continue as normal until we can dress up and go to the Hermitage for afternoon tea. It is what appealed the most during my Lenten sugar abstinence! And Thursday I am off to the Grill for a girls’ lunch, More dressing up and more culinary delights. The birthday celebrations end on Saturday with dinner at Clovis for the four of us, I must end on that note as it is 06h44 and time to rise and SHINE! 


No comments: