Tuesday 15 March 2022

March

So far March has been quiet and cold. If I’m honest it has been a bit dull too… but we need to appreciate the quiet, dull and boring because the next couple of months are busy. We have dared to make plans!! 
I am very excited but not yet going to tempt fate by revealing anything! 

March saw Husband and I get our boosters. The irony is as of yesterday vaccine and health passes are no longer required! I am very relieved as I was starting to feel like the paperwork was becoming a jumping through hoops exercise and not really about the virus at all. And masks are on their way out too. The girls are finally mask free for most of their school day! Yay!! 

March has also seen the loss of our lifts and regular climbs up five floors. With shopping. With school bags. With luggage. Hmmm. What can I say? I am going to get very fit?!! There is noise and mess and sooooo much dust but we will manage.

I’m still keeping my eyes peeled for a flat even though we can’t move till after the summer at the earliest. There is nothing like flat hunting in Monaco to remind you how the other half live! Yes, those paying over €100,000 a month for an apartment… We are looking in the lowest budget bracket and it is so painful. Tiny bedrooms, offensive kitchens, time warped bathrooms… And when I am shown a new apartment there is a compromise. Only one bathroom. Minuscule bedrooms. Small living spaces comprising of kitchen, dining and living room! For how much?? I know on the grand scale of things it isn’t a big deal but I do wonder what we will end up with…

The girls continue to be on amazing form doing well at school and being so much more focused than I ever was!! Kick boxing is back! Amaia is preparing for her 1st piano exam. LAMDA continues. It is all good. In fact when it comes to the girls it is excellent. 

I am running again but taking it slow and going easy on myself. If it is 10k that is good but if all I can manage is 5k that is fine too. The aim is to keep moving… It has also been hard without my sugar treats… it is such a psychological fix too. What can my pick me up be now? Taking a bath or reading a magazine are just not as practical as eating a cake with your coffee!! And so I have been “treat less” for nearly two week. It definitely impacts on your mood! So I apologise to all my loved ones!

Right, Amaia will be home soon. I need to get organised… Laters! 



No comments: