Friday 31 December 2021

And finally…

 It is the last day of the year. Goodbye 2021. It is also our last day in Bristol. I’ve had three afternoons at home while the rest of the family go for walks. As lovely as it sounds I’m not one for doing something just because… I jumped at the chance to enjoy a guilt free, quiet afternoon. Yes, that does explain these last three posts…

So what have I been doing? I’ve read my book (Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett) and also started reading a non fiction one “The Book you Wished your Parents had Read” which helps us to understand our reactions to situations and hopefully help all relationships in your life. It is an interesting read. I’ve also read a few samples of books I may read in the future. In short it has been very good reading time. I also admit it has been very good shopping time! Yesterday I treated myself to a leather skirt and fuchsia trousers from Sézane (a to Me from Me Xmas gift), today I bought some goodies from Smythson, in my head they can be Xmas gifts from the girls. I’ve sat quietly with a mug of coffee and mince pie and been entranced by all the activity of the squirrels outside in the garden. It has been like having my own personal nature show. What fascinating little creatures!

I’ve have also run 5km five out of the six days I’ve been here. It hasn’t been tough at all. Hopefully next week in the chaos of settling in I can continue with 5km runs and then start my training. I’d like to work up to a half marathon distance and run 21km once a week until I start marathon training later in the year. 

What more can I add? Happy New Year and here is to good health, happiness and 2022 being a year for long overdue hugging!!


No comments: