Tuesday 23 November 2021

Out of my comfort zone, way, way out!

 We are into week three now and the Christmas holidays are less than four weeks away. Since I got back I have tried to make myself do one thing a week that requires going out of my comfort zone. This has mainly had to do with being friendly and sociable and making an effort with friends. I know I have to break this hermit habit and really challenge my way of doing things because whilst it is comfortable it isn’t necessarily the best thing for me. Last week I arranged lunch with a friend, today I am having breakfast with a friend in a place I tend to avoid because it is a bit pretentious  or is it that I am slightly daunted by the place? Well, either way I am going there today!  But the biggest challenge of all and the one I was avoiding like the plague was playing the piano in public. I refused to commit to the annual recital, I found plenty of excuses why I should not do it , I found 101 reasons to back up those excuses but in the end my piano teacher would not take no for an answer and here I am, so out of my comfort zone I may as well be on another planet! And yet I am feeling slightly more alive and energised by this mixture of dread, fear and excitement as I head into this unknown realm. The recital is on Saturday. Challenge accepted!

No comments: