Sunday 7 November 2021

A Good Holiday

It has been a crazy few days. Fun days. Busy days. Full days. Almost, not quite  but almost resembling pre Covid but with masks on. I can take that. We had friends stay at the house. I loved every minute. Long lazy breakfasts. Catching up, cooking, eating, laughing and then more catching up. Life has changed. We are older, maybe wiser but certainly more responsible or is that with more responsibilities? Either way it made me realise how I miss having friends or family stay. It made me realise I enjoy my house more when I see others enjoy it too.

After Tourrettes we all went to Monaco and the girls were tasked with being Monaco guides. This gave me just enough time to pack, get my paperwork ready and prepare for VALENCIA!!

Finally I was flying! It was strange being at an airport again. Even for our 6h00am flight Nice airport was busy enough and Paris (our stopover) was heaving. I was surprised to see everything so normal when our lives have been so restricted.

Valencia was amazing. Being able to spend time with my parents -  it was just good for my soul. The girls enjoyed spending time in the city, we shopped, ate out, visited local markets and places my mum frequented as a child. My mum and I got started on the planning of her 50th Wedding anniversary, contacted the venue, visited the venue and booked the venue! I was able to accompany my dad for his routine blood tests and some ridiculously early hour. It’s not that we did anything wildly exciting, or interesting or different but just being together was enough. It was all we needed. The thing that Covid has most starved us of - ordinary family life. 

The journey back today (another 6h00am flight!) went smoothly and suddenly I feel free. Able to travel (with masks), make plans (cautiously) and basically be independent again to do whatever I want to do. And whilst I’m not rushing to jump on another plane or take a trip I don’t need to take I do feel like the world (more importantly, my world) is open again. Psychologically it makes a huge different. I feel happier, lighter and hopeful. 

Tomorrow school starts and our routine returns… Bring it on!

No comments: