Monday 13 December 2021

Ticking along

 I left you having taken up the challenge of a piano recital. Let me keep it brief. It did not go well. It did not go well at all. I realise now having a medley of tunes and no concrete copy of what you are playing isn’t ideal. I lost my place and never recovered and as I struggled on I came to the realisation that no parent was that bothered by my playing, they had come to see their children not me. So I cut it short and took myself out of my misery and the bored parents out of theirs! In complete contrast the girls played their pieces without any problems and Leia didn’t even take her music up when she played! 

Last week felt busy but now I can’t remember much about it at all! I did the final bits of Christmas shopping, I ordered lots of Advent calendars and wrote letters for my Post Pals friends, I did the family calendar and a photo book of the year, I didn’t run, I had lunch with a friend but otherwise laid low. 

Husband’s travel plans got cancelled thanks to the new Covid variant. I dread to think what restrictions they will come up with in time for Christmas!

I’ve just finished a piano lesson where I played my medley beautifully - of course! Now we are having fun with a few Christmas carols until we break up for the holidays. 


No comments: