Tuesday 21 September 2021

Catch up

So... this is what we have come to? A snatched moment here and there as I type (and squint) furiously to get as much down as the minutes tick by until I am on call again. It wasn't meant to be like this!!


I know, I know it has been a long time. Clearly a very long time because my usual sized font is looking very blurry now... I should be wearing my glasses. But I can’t be distracted otherwise this post will never be written, so I will strive on blurry or not.

I'm going to skip Summer (for now) and just celebrate "la rentree" which went very smoothly. I think I was more nervous that Amaia about her new school. Oh my goodness.... it is soooooo, so, so hard accepting my little girl is growing up and not needing me around as much!! But she is thriving and happy and full of enthusiasm so I am quietly relieved and very grateful. Having a locker changes everything!!! I never knew a locker could be so empowering but hey... I was at school last century! Leia has Amaia's old teacher and is feeling the pressure of living up to her sister's standards. She also isn't in the same class as her gang of friends aka "The Dream Team" but she is putting on a brave face. 

So far (yes, I know we are only in week three!) it is all going well. We have started piano and LAMDA. Leia had started kick boxing again. Amaia will try out (mountain) climbing tomorrow but the two of us are also doing the "daily mile" together. It isn't just exercise but also a chance for us to have one on one time too - her new school routine has more or less cut out any time together in the afternoons. I've also given myself a kick up the back side and started a running programme. Hopefully I can run an unofficial half marathon in a couple of months.  

Right. Time is up. Got to go and pick up Leia. Laters and lovely being back!!!



No comments: