Monday 4 October 2021

Weary

Last week was tough. I felt weary, tired, unmotivated and just fed up with everything. All I wanted to do was crawl under a duvet and hide... Would anyone notice?  But instead I did all the usual stuff and tried to act like Everything. Is. Fine. I know why I felt that way. I was tired after a very busy weekend, then on Monday night Husband pretty much worked through the night and came back to bed at 6:00am plus Amaia had a bad day at school, on top of that I was dealing with the realisation that there would be no London reunion this half term, we wouldn’t  be seeing my parents at all and we would be “at home” for another holiday. Thanks COVID! The physical exhaustion, the lack of sleep, the worrying about Amaia and the uncertainty of everything hit me and I was knocked out. Yes, I can admit it now. This was beyond “languishing”, this was misery. 

Thankfully it passed and by Thursday afternoon I noticed my mood had lifted. The clouds were shifting and I could see things in perspective. Nothing had changed, everything wasn’t fine but it did seem manageable again. 

And then the good stuff came… I had my afternoon Skype chat with Nancy, I had a relaxing Thursday night, on Friday I had a lovely beach lunch with a good friend I haven’t seen in YEARS, we got to the house super early and the next 48 hours were RESTFUL. It felt soooooo good. Bliss. 

Saturday was a gloriously sunny day and I believe I drifted off whilst reading my book on the terrace. Sunday was wet but we took the girls to “Ecole des Filles” for lunch and had a delicious meal together as well as a change of scene from our usual haunts. 

I’m not entirely sure what this week will bring but it is Monday, I’ve done the ironing, tidied, had two slices of banana bread and some “me” time, got paperwork out of the way, been to Mass and written this post. Whatever comes my way I am just going to take a deep breath and take things in my stride. Have a good week! 

No comments: