Wednesday 4 August 2021

Thank you Papas

I could list the many reasons to thank you both… from the feast prepared and devoured on our arrival, the constant supply of our favourite things, hotel like breakfasts, delicious meals etc etc

But it isn’t that stuff that I truly miss. Papas, it is simply your presence from the minute I get up; the companionship and conversation, the sharing of memories and the plotting of future plans. I marvel at the way our lives slot into each others so seamlessly. Yes, we live totally different lives on a day to day basis but somehow we are in sync when we are together. No, it isn’t perfect, it isn’t all smooth running, it can be chaotic and noisy and frustrating and I do moan a lot! But in overcoming frustrations, obstacles and differences we simply strengthen the bonds of our family. I realise now that it is in the quiet everyday living, the good morning kisses, an unexpected hug, a chat as you prepare lunch, helping you hang out laundry, taking post lunch coffee orders, these mostly mundane moments are memories in the making. Memories shared amongst three generations and laying the foundation for the ones to come. 
Thank you Papas. X


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like it, its very moving. I like the pit where you say: memories are that can be just the little things like a conversation or giving coffee orders like you said.