Thursday, 10 September 2026

Hopeful

The first week back is almost over. The girls are happy and settled at school. I however  started the week with endless complaints. 

It was hot. 

It was humid. 

It was so crowded. 

Seriously, the Summer is over. People go home! But Monaco always feels slightly cramped and crazy, I was the one that needed a change of perspective. 

And here it is. Leia's first kick boxing class of the year. The temperature has dropped. I am not sweating. There are refreshing little rain drops falling every now and then. We walk and talk about the new teachers, which ones are cool, funny or strict. I leave Leia at the stade and go off towards Fontvielle port. A huge rainbow greets me and I am just filled with hope, optimism and excitement for the year ahead. 


I'm looking out at this view as I write and thinking " actually, Monaco is not so bad...".



No comments: