Sunday 13 June 2021

Summer Lovin'

 Oh! Dare I say it? Summer is here! Finally! (Hopefully!) It is so hard leaving the house just as the temperature begins to cool and the terrace teases us with the possibility of drinks and nibbles after an afternoon poolside. I don't want to return to Monaco!! 

This weekend we cleaned the terraces and all the summer furniture and then in the evening we invited our neighbour over for drinks and dinner and enjoyed sitting outside till late. 

Breakfast this morning was also served outside and the temperature was perfect. Strawberries and watermelon with the usual toasts and yoghurts. We also returned to the Tourrettes church this Sunday for the first time in months. The girls are no longer those fidgety, bored little girls that I had to entertain with drawing and books during the mass.  Oh how times have changed!!

For lunch we headed to Relais des Coches to celebrate the girls getting Distinction in their LAMDA. We now enjoy the dressing up and going out as much as the meal! (Well, maybe not Husband!).

I was finally able to do some sunbathing this afternoon while the girls played in the pool. The suddenness of Summer means my skin hasn't had the chance to get its usual colour and I can't face strappy dresses without a tan. 



Last week was busy too. We got our second jabs and thankfully I was absolutely fine. I didn't have any side effects - unless my sudden need to shop can be blamed on the vaccine?? Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that....

We also had a busy bank holiday on Thursday working around the girls' various play dates.  On Wednesday the girls and I went to afternoon tea at The Hermitage Hotel with their LAMDA teacher. What a civilised and delightful way to spend an afternoon. An excuse to dress up, pink champagne, savoury treats and delicious cakes! I will be back!! 


So as you can see things are improving... we are out more, we dress up, we smile, we make plans, we interact, we reach out to all the people, places and things we missed. We appreciate our freedom. We remain careful. I hope and pray that eventually life around the world continues moving in this direction for everyone. 

 

No comments: