Monday 31 May 2021

Life is good.

 I am sitting here, feeling quite exhausted but also quietly elated. We have had two amazing weekends. We have eaten out, visited family, been shopping, stayed in a hotel and had Leia’s First Communion. For the first time since February 2020 the diary has been busy. And it has been utterly wonderful. Exhausting but absolutely wonderful. 

In Valencia I got to hug and kiss my parents. At last! The girls and their grandparents were reunited and it was heavenly. We are very grateful. My mum fulfilled her ambition of buying Leia an exquisite dress and I was surprised by Leia’s choice of dress, very classic, simple and elegant. We celebrated Leia’s birthday in her favourite restaurant - El Baret de Quique. Our home from home kitchen which we hadn’t visited since December 2019. Oh, the food.... delicious! 

The journey back home was long, and the motorways are no longer “Covid” quiet due to the lifting of travel restrictions in the last few weeks. I did like those empty motorways of 2020! 

This weekend feels like another whirlwind of activity. We did more in 48 hours than we have in the last 18 months! Husband booked us a surprise stay at the Monte Carlo Bay. I got a much needed hair cut. We ate out at Avenue 31. We had Leia’s Communion followed by a celebratory lunch at Le Grill. We may have over dressed for lunch, but... sometime you just have to. Both girls wore their Communion dresses to lunch. I should have worn my wedding dress just to continue the theme! But the girls were so happy in their dresses. They looked angelically beautiful ( yes, I may be biased). 


Finally, it feels like life is moving on. Yes, with masks on, QR codes and hand sanitiser at the ready. But it is moving, The fear is lifting and life is kicking in. At last. 

No comments: